Jennifer Smith, Professional Photographer

Pure, genuine still life photos as well as food photography all done by yours truly!

Aug 26, 2010

Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes

Meatloaf is a tradition in a lot of homes. Everyone has their own recipe or their own technique on how to make the meatloaf moist or flavorful. Here's how I make mine:




1 lb. ground beef (90% lean)
1 egg
1 cup Stove Top Stuffing mix (your choice of flavor)
2 T. barbecue sauce
1 T. mustard
1 T. ketchup
Salt and pepper to taste
Breadcrumbs, if needed


Mix everything together and shape into a log. Place into a greased glass loaf pan. Flatten the meatloaf out slightly but do not let the meatloaf touch the ends of the pan. Drizzle on a little ketchup and barbecue sauce. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.


I came up with this recipe one day when I was out of breadcrumbs and I thought to myself "what are seasoned breadcrumbs but pulverized Stove Top Stuffing mix?" So I put the stuffing in instead and came up with the most moist meatloaf I have ever made or tried. It holds up well. It doesn't crumble much, even the next day. It makes fabulous meatloaf sandwiches the next day too! It's my traditional meatloaf that my husband and I have grown to love!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment